SSRR 2012 will be hosted this year at the Texas A&M. The 10th anniversary of the IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics with continue its tradition of attracting cutting-edge papers in the theory and practice of robots for rapid and secure inspection of critical infrastructure, travelers, luggage, and paces; disaster response and recovery; humanitarian demining, disaster mitigation and recovery; detection of chemical, biological and radiological risks and operations in these dangerous sites; etc
- Selected papers will appear in IEEExplore.
- Outstanding papers with field results will be invited to the special issue of Journal of Field Robotics on SSRR
Highlights from the schedule
- Prof. Satoshi Tadokoro, Tohoku University, Robo-Cup Rescue Competition retrospective (Nov 5)
- Prof. Hajime Asama, Robot & Remote-Controlled Machine Technology for Response against Accident of Nuclear Power Plants toward Decommission (Nov 6)
- Dr. Gill Pratt, DARPA, DARPA Robotics Challenge (Nov 6) PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE
- Dr. Richard Voyles, National Science Foundation, The National Robotics Initiative and Innovation Corps (Nov 7)
- Tour of Disaster City(r) and TEEX Emergency Response Campus (Nov. 6)
- Banquet and tour at Bush Presidential Library (Nov. 7)
Updated Conference Schedule now available
You could find the schedule of papers presentations and sessions here.
- Jul 30, 2012
- Submission of proposals for tutorials, special sessions
- Aug 23, 2012
- Submission of regular papers, center/project papers, and visioning papers
- Oct 1, 2012
- Notification of acceptance
- Oct 15, 2012
- Submission of 2 page Late Breaking Reports
- Oct 22, 2012
- Submission of final papers
- Nov 5-8, 2012
- Nov. 4, 2012
- Keynotes are available.
- Oct. 17, 2012
- Conference schedule available.
- Sept. 21, 2012
- Registration open.
- August 6, 2012
- Update deadline date.
- July 30, 2012
- Update program committee members.
- July 22, 2012
- Submissions page is available.
- June 11, 2012
- First version of the website is out.
- Center for Robot-Assisted Search and Rescue
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Society
- International Rescue System Institute
- Texas A&M University