SSRR 2013 will be hosted this year at Linköping, Sweden. The 11th anniversary of the IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics will continue its tradition of attracting cutting-edge papers in the theory and practice of robots for rapid and secure inspection of critical infrastructure, travelers, luggage, and paces; disaster response and recovery; humanitarian demining, disaster mitigation and recovery; detection of chemical, biological and radiological risks and operations in these dangerous sites; etc.
Best Paper Awards:
- Best Paper Tangential Closest Gap Based (TCG) Reactive Obstacle Avoidance Navigation for Cluttered Environments by Muhannad Mujahed (GET Lab, Universität Paderborn) Hussein Jaddu (Al-Quds University, Palestine) Dirk Fischer (GET-Lab, Universität Paderborn) Bärbel Mertsching (GET-Lab, Universität Paderborn)
- Best Student Paper Performance Guarantees for C-WMD Robot Missions by Shu Jiang (Georgia Inst. of Technology) Ronald Arkin (Georgia Institute of Technology) Damian Lyons (Fordham University) Tsung-Ming Liu (Fordham University) Dagan Harrington (Fordham University)
Papers will appear in IEEExplore.
Outstanding papers with field results will be invited to a special issue in the Journal of Field Robotics(Impact Factor 2.152).
Co-located SSRR Rescue Camp 2013
We are proud to present the following invited speakers:
- Maria Gini, University of Minnesota, USA[SLIDES PDF]
Exploiting spatial locality and heterogeneity of agents for search and rescue teamwork
- Simon Lacroix, LAAS, France[SLIDES PDF]
Autonomous teams of aerial and ground robots in search and rescue missions
- Claudio Melchiorri, Club Alpino Italiano and University of Bologna, Italy[SLIDES PDF]
Application of Robotic Technologies to Mountain Rescue
- Paul Scerri, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), USA[SLIDES PDF]
Low-Cost Robotic Airboats for Information Collection
- Markus Kuchler, Ericsson Response, Sweden[SLIDES PDF]
Ericsson Response - A group-wide employee initiative within the Ericsson group for ICT support in humanitarian emergencies
Tour of Visualization Center and City Center in Norrköping (Oct. 26)
IEEE Robotics and Automation Society