IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics
Oct 11 - 13, 2017, Shanghai, China
The 15th IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics 2017 (SSRR 2017) is inviting cutting-edge papers in the theory and practice of robotics and automation for all types of safety, security, and rescue applications such as disaster response, mitigation and recovery; rapid and secure inspection of critical infrastructure; detection of chemical, biological and radiological risks, and operations in these dangerous sites.
Papers and participation fall into:
- Regular papers (4-6 pages) describing original work in SSR or work that can be applied to SSR domains.
- Late Breaking Reports (1-2 pages) contributing novel directions or work which has not been fully analyzed or explored. Late Breaking Reports are reviewed and the relevance of the material to the SSRR domains must be clear.
Submissions of original papers focused on traditional and emerging areas and applications in safety, security, and rescue robotics are encouraged. All papers will appear in IEEE Xplore, which is indexed by many databases, including Ei Compendex and Scopus: IEEE Indexing Agreements.
Nominated contributions for "Best Paper" and "Best Student Paper" awards and other outstanding papers that report field experiments will be considered for a special issue of the Journal of Field Robotics. Late-breaking-reports will be also considered and included in the program. Submission guidelines will be published here at a later date.
SSRR 2017 will have four awards:
- Best Paper Award
- Best Student Paper Award
- Best Late Breaking Reports Award
- Best Demonstration Award
- Jul 07: Paper submission
- Aug 12: Notification of acceptance
- Sep 1: Late Breaking Reports submission
- Sep 1: Final papers due
- Sep 5: Late Breaking Reports acceptance
- Oct 11-13: Conference